One of God’s most amazing blessings since I’ve come home from what my parents would call a “good job” has come through his ability to provide for us financially. From unexpected bonuses to incredible home refinance deals to unforeseen teaching contracts—and those are the more recent blessings—we’ve seen Him come through for us miraculously. It hasn’t come easily, though. We’ve had to pray and fast through many hard times which would have almost destroyed our faith.
Any time you declare the Word over your life, you can expect a test in that same area. A prayer warrior at our church stated it to us best: the Lord is funny. Any time you say you’re free from illness, you can be sure of a hospital stay (or darn near one). Any time you say that you’re debt free, you’ll be broke first. I know people get “funny” when you talk about money, and I think some of that is incorrect thinking that has taught us over the years to equate poverty with Christ-like humility. Personally, I think a number of pastors miss the boat on wealth, focusing too much on materialism. However, Isaiah 55 tells me that when I speak God’s word back to Him, it will not return void but will accomplish His purposes and prosper in the thing He has sent it to. So, as the enemy comes with another weapon formed against us, I’m posting this to remind myself about what the Lord says about our finances. As I see many blogs where people are hurting from lack of finances, I pray that it will bless you, too.
1. The favor of God surrounds me and proceeds me
Psalms 5:12, Proverbs 11:27, Proverbs 12:2
2. The blessings of God are chasing me and overtaking me
Deuteronomy 28:1&2, Luke 6:38
3. Whatever I set my hand to shall prosper
Joshua 1:8, Psalms 1:3, Psalms 35:27, III John 2
4. My Heavenly Father gives me the power to get wealth
Deuteronomy 8:18, Proverbs8:17-21, II Corinthians 8-9
5. God is liberally supplying all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus
Phillipians 4:19, Proverbs 3:9-10, Matthew 6:8&33
6. I no longer live under the curse of poverty. The windows of Heaven are open to me, and God rebukes the devourer for my sake.
Malachi 3:8-12, Galatians 3:13-&14
7. The Lord has commanded me to be blessed, therefore, I am blessed and cannot be cursed. I am the head and not the tail. I am above only and not beneath. I lend and not borrow.
Deuteronomy 28:3-14, Proverbs 10:6