Tomorrow is the oldest’s birthday, and I saw the neatest idea for celebrating from both Karen’s and Dawn’s blogs. It occurs to me as she gets older that when we began homeschooling, one of my goals was that our kids would be our friends as adults. I could list things I love about her, but with this in mind, I thought to list things that I like about her, things that I can look forward in years to come with her as an adult friend. Since she’ll be 14, I’ll try to limit myself to 14 items.
1) She loves the Lord.
2) She’s not afraid to be different and think independently of her friends.
3) She’s very caring and nurturing (though her younger brother and sister would say she’s bossy–LOL).
4) She’s very witty and bright.
5) She has the physique I wish I had as a teenager–one lithe, long muscle with just enough curves to be dangerous.
6) She’s quite articulate and interesting to talk to.
7) Like me, if she enjoys a movie, she’ll watch it over and over again.
8) She has strong fashion sense, and loves to sew (something else we can share).
10) She likes to keep things neat and tidy.
11) She enjoys cornmeal pancakes or baked oatmeal even more than I do.
12) We enjoy similar tastes in music, gospel and secular.
13) She’s very health-conscious and keeps the rest of us on the right track.
14) My whole world brightens when she smiles.